Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, July 6, 2009

Speech Diary- Taking Your Own Advice

The booster day last week was run along side the current intensive week course, so that people doing the program now could chat to people like me who have done it in the past. The idea being that we could give a bit of advice and encouragement, and warn of some of the pitfalls they would probably face.

I was pretty wary about this, as I did not want to be a discouragement, but at the same time I wanted to tell about the big lows that can come after big highs. i think I did okay.

One thing that struck me was how adamant I was in telling people not to get bogged down with disappointment after a bad experience, or a bad day, and to try and quickly put it behind to keep going forwards.. and yet this is the one thing I just don't do.

If I would take my own advice on this point, I think I'd see a lot more progress.

2 comments:

lu said...

I wonder if you ask others if they would tell you that you have made more progress than you think you have.

Ben McLaughlin said...

yeah thanks lu. I think that is probably right.