Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Idol Banter

Anyone watching Australian Idol? I am. Why the heck not?

So far, my favourite is Stan. I like him, and he has a great voice. I like that he sung that great Al Green song, 'Let's Stay Together'. I like that he is kind of cocky. And I like a Christian with a neck tattoo. Who wouldn't?

Some early predictions-

* Stan will go far but will get in trouble lots for not being focused enough
* That annoyingly nice old fella Toby will go further than he ought
* The country abattoir girl won't get in because teenage girls won't vote for her, but the judges love her and will choose her as a wild card entry
* Too many young, good-looking but bland and uninteresting young'uns will get through

What do you reckon? Pedro? Simone?

7 comments:

SamR said...

I agree with all predictions. Toby has already gone further than he should.

goldy said...

Yeah what's with Toby? He sing nicely and that's it. Boring. And his mouth wobbles too much. Picky aren't I,

Pedro said...

You're pretty much on the money, Benno.

With all that is going on, I haven't given it the attention it deserves...

But I will.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Yeah, Toby is dull as. He's kind of the 2009 Damien Leith. And yeah, the wobbling. Not just the chin, but the mic hand and also his sparkle fingers other hand too. It's all wobbling.

Simone R. said...

Yeah. Agree. I'll get properly into it next week.

lu said...

question: how old is 'old' for australian idol? for american idol, i don't think we have anyone over the age of 30.

Ben McLaughlin said...

30 is the cut off. This Toby bloke is 30. Idol years are kind of like dog years or something.

If a 30 yr old doesn't make the cut it's hello glue factory.