Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Marley and Me...again

Okay, I've said this before, but it's worth reiterating. Marley and Me is a great movie.

You should know that I openly mocked this movie before I saw it, and that I hate in equal measures-

1)romantic comedies
2)soppiness about pet dogs

But even so, I really like this movie. We watched it again on the weekend. It is very well made, and very well acted, and it really strikes a chord in me. I'd give it a 4/5.

You should watch it, you'll like it. Really.

4 comments:

onlinesoph said...

I refused to watch this on the plane for the reasons you mentioned, but Sam thought he'd give it a go. He cried during this movie. Got all red and teary.

Did I just out you SamR? sorry... ;)

SamR said...

yep I'm a big girls blouse. When the dog got sick - oh boy did I lose it...

Ben McLaughlin said...

your wife totally dropped you in it, Sam. But I say embrace the blouse. I don't even like dogs and I got choked up.

beth said...

I too enjoyed this movie a lot, but i am a dog person. i was quite surprised to read that you liked it. hotel for dogs was quite cute also, but think it falls in a range of a movie you probably wouldn't like.