Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Speech Diary

Somebody from Toastmasters saw my blog and left this comment, which really sums up well the benefits of the organisation:

'I remember thinking my first toastmasters meeting was formal too. Then as time progressed and I attended more meetings I discovered that the formal roles really disguise speaking opportunities.

If someone is trying to overcome a fear of something like speaking then give them opportunities in every meeting to speak, hence the production of a lot of meeting roles with specific tasks that allow people to speak.

Thanks for sharing your first impressions of Toastmasters. I hope to read more as your journey continues!'

~Jamie N
ACS/ALB
Governor, Area 71, District 86

No comments: