Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, October 19, 2009

Metal, Christianity and YouTube

An interesting thing about metal is that lyrically, spiritual matters are often at the forefront. Sure, the majority of this will lean away from Christianity, but at least it's being talked about. There are few musical genres where this would be the case.

Say what you like about metal, but I like that discussions like this happen on YouTube metal clips on a regular basis-

georgeenaaaaa (1 week ago)
i love how much contraversy (sorry for spelling) happens over Christian metal, and God Himself... Honestly, I feel that whether or not He's truly there or not doesn't matter, it's simply about what the person believes. I do suppose, as a Christian, it's wrong for me to say it, or maybe I'm not a true Christian...
Please comment this, explain maybe to me whether you think I'm just wrong or whatever.

Lycan8484 (1 week ago)
When it comes to believing if god is real, I personally believe he is, but I do agree that it does come down to whatever your beliefs are.

But for me, I would much rather believe in God and find out in the end he Isn't real than to not believe in him, and then die, and there he is.

TheDeathCertificate (4 days ago)
Well, to be a Christian you have to believe that Jesus died on the cross to forgive your sins and that Jesus is God. Becoming a Christian is confessing this. Pray with me to become a Christian "Jesus forgive me of my sins and come in my life" AMEN! Then you are all set for God Jesus and Heaven.

venezuelam (4 days ago)
its not that simple, that praying must come from the heart of each individual, its not just something pasted on internet, you have to show yourself to His presence, that praying in there is too short, its not like that, it has to come from the heart, dont hide anything when you pray to Him.

No comments: