Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Good Times

Yesterday, I left work at 4pm, and got home at 7:05pm.

In between these times, lay three hours and five minutes of unparalleled radness, which included sitting on a 40 degree train with no air-conditioning that didn't move an inch, for one hour.

I have been wondering about the wisdom of us moving out of the city, as I don't want to add to the already frustrating travel time.

But I realised yesterday that I could buy a little place in a remote province of Venezuela and row to North Sydney every morning, and still beat Cityrail.

2 comments:

Pedro said...

When i was living out at penrith mate, convinced me that public transport was just the bomb.
I just can't bring myself to give away so many hours of my life every day because in this day and age, they can't keep trains running on time...

Ben McLaughlin said...

Yeah, the amount of hours is crazy. It sometimes seems like a trade off- own house but have to travel ten hours vs. rent house but not have to travel.