Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, November 30, 2009

A Sensitive Flower

I'm a tad sensitive, I'll admit that. But don't agree to my face, or I may cry.

Dumb little things grate on me and irk me. Case in point, phrases that get used so much that they become boring cliches.

The current phrase that does this to me is "it's political correctness gone mad". Booooooring. If there's one thing that's even more boring than political correctness, it's this phrase about political correctness. And it's always said with such earnest tut-tutting as well, which makes it all the more yawny.

So please don't say it. For me.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

One that grates on me is "x is the new y". Insert your own.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Yikes, sorry Wendy I used this in a post today!

I hear you though. I was being tongue in cheek and ironic (yeah right)

Anonymous said...

Easily I assent to but I think the list inform should prepare more info then it has.