Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, November 27, 2009

Twi Harder

I had seen very little actual footage from Twilight until I saw an ad for New Moon last night. Goodness gracious me and heavens to Betsy it looked bad.

The werewolf stuff looked absolutely shocking, like some year 10 nerd animated it. The action stuff was like watching Power Rangers. You may get sullen and sulky and say 'well, don't watch it then', but it's not as simple as that.

When you involve vampires and werewolves you are encroaching on my territory. It's like you've insulted my sister or something. I will need to watch it in its entirety to mock it to its fullest.

And while I'm ranting on crap stuff, I saw a bit of that show Glee last night. It actually made me physically queasy. I had to avert my eyes every time they sang, from the sheer wince-worthy horridity of their earnest hand gestures.

There was actually a bit where some guy lay in bed watching an ultrasound on his lap-top, singing "I'll Stand By You" to it. Um.

I worry about this world.

5 comments:

onlinesoph said...

I love Glee! Sam and I went to a friends place and we watched it together, followed by the Beauty and the Geek finale. It was awesome! The corny factor is part of its charm.

Pedro said...

Mate. I'm with you. I almost literally vomitted when I switched over to see what all the fuss is about and they started singing.
Whats happening to the young guys in this generation?
Why can't they make a show about bike racing or car mechanics and have it set in a contemporary school.
POOFS!
When you are stuck out in the middle of'wolf creek' and John jarratt rocks up...what are you gonna do?
Sing to him?

Grow a pair boys.
As for Twy tripe...don't get me started...
broody my backside.

Amy said...

Glee is supposed to be over-the-top cheesy. That's why it is awesome :)

But yeah, when you see what you can do with special effects (ie Star Trek) and then compare to New Moon - eep. Terrible.

Bring back Buffy I say! (except they have in comic book form and I can't say it is very good0.

Amy said...

Also, this made me laugh. Especially the graphic.

Anonymous said...

I know this will decimate my metal cred, but I actually like Glee...it's the singer in me.