Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Baby Optimus

My nephew Benny is about to become a big brother. He said that he would like to name the new baby Optimus Prime. I think he's on to something good there, and I like that he even thought of the middle name as well.

That's the problem with us- we leave all the really awesome names for the silly celebrities. We need to try and be a bit more adventurous on that front.

So if we have a boy, I'm thinking Conan Barbarian McLaughlin.

6 comments:

RodeoClown said...

I had Optimus vetoed as a name for my son. And then it was vetoed for my second son. And then for his middle name.

It was a bit disappointing.

Stuart Heath said...

I had wanted to call my first child 'Wolverine', but then the films made it a bit popular. I was also vetoed on Éowyn :/

Ben McLaughlin said...

Rodeo- keep trying. Third time lucky.

Stuart- It's probably for the best that Eowyn got vetoed, otherwise your precious daughter would more than likely end up marrying some drippy Games Workshop guy with a pony-tail and firm grasp of the Elvish language.

lu said...

Are you and E expecting a boy soon Ben?

Ben McLaughlin said...

If we are, I will be very concerned..

kristina said...

Optimus Prime! LOL! I like it.