Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Land Sakes!

This is my new favourite exclamation. I had never heard it before until last week, when I was reading a story to Little e.

When Mother Bear discovers that some joker has been sleeping in her bed, she goes, "Land sakes!". Why wouldn't she? I'd say it too.

Anyways, you should try it. I'm not sure what it means, but it sounds good and is fun to say. Little e and myself have been dropping it casually into our vocabularies.

Land sakes!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Hey, we used to trot this one occasionally. It's in the same family, as "heaven sakes" or "for pete's sake" in my mind - what pete ever had to do with anything I don't know but that one was common in my extended family.

Ben McLaughlin said...

I definately grew up with 'heaven' and 'pete' but land is a whole new ballgame for me. Glad someone's heard of it.