Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, February 11, 2010

10 Things

You may have noticed that I was a bit of a Negative Nancy yesterday- gripe, gripe, gripe! After reading Simone's post, I thought I'd try to turn that around a bit today.

So here are 10 things that I'm thankful for today:

1. God's compassions are new every morning (Lamentations 3)
2. I'll see my girls this afternoon
3. I just had a good coffee
4. I can hear cicadas humming outside
5. I had a good night last night with friends
6. I got to see Little e this morning before I went to work
7. I have a job that can support my family
8. There are exciting changes around the corner
9. We're watching The Mighty Boosh at lunchtime at work
10. When I lift my eyes from my computer, I can see all the way down to Kurnell, though I'm in North Sydney

What are you thankful for today?

6 comments:

Joanna said...

Nice post, Ben! I'm grateful for
- God's resurrecting power
- the option to work at home today (and tomorrow, hopefully!),
- the flowering tree outside my study window,
- my husband being away for a couple of days, because it reminds me again how much I love and appreciate him being here
- an invitation from one of the historians I most respect to present on a panel with her
- the beautiful photo of my god-daughter grinning like a toothy Cheshire cat, which I received this week
- the physio
- holiday at the beach next week, praise the Lord!

I should do this every morning!

Anonymous said...

'Old Greeeeg'.

This will only make sense upon watching The Might Boosh. Your work sounds awesome.

I am thankful today that I am having tomorrow off.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Joanna- Nice list! Out of interest, what is the history stuff that you are involved in?

Amy- Oh yeah, old Greg's reputation precedes him. One of the creepiest characters ever!

Joanna said...

Hi Ben,

This is the official version:

http://www.deakin.edu.au/arts-ed/shhs/staff-directory2.php?username=joannac

Ben McLaughlin said...

Thanks Joanna, that all looks really interesting. My grandparents ran a mission for Aboriginal children; up at Roper River, I think, and then another kind of boarding house at Broken Hill.

Joanna said...

Oh - interesting about your grandparents, Ben. CMS, I assume? There is a new history of the Roper River mission (mainly about the early years) that came out last year.