Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, June 21, 2010

New Painting

I managed to squeeze in a painting on Saturday. I actually painted it from a little photo I took on my phone, on one of my early morning walks to the station.

It's a bit different to anything I've done before in that the tonal differences were pretty subtle, and without strong contrasts and highlights on each object.

Annoyingly the screen on my phone went black every 60 seconds, while I painted from it!

If you wanna have a squiz--

4 comments:

Amy said...

I like :)

Watching the episode of Doctor Who last night all about Vincent van Gogh has made my painter fingers itchy - think I'll have to follow your example next weekend.

AY said...

There is something about grey tonality (with a hint of pink) that really appeals to me (I am a BIG fan of grey tones). Simple yet appealing :)

Pedro said...

Thats bloody lovely mate.
Just moved into the new house today...back over this side WOOHOO!!!

Ben McLaughlin said...

Thanks a lot guys:)