Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, June 18, 2010

Song Of The Week

I don't know if you'll appreciate this, but this song is very, very awesome, and the Walker Brothers were very great. Sort of a cooler, less well-known Righteous Brothers. And no, they weren't really brothers.

The hand gestures to 'loneliness is a cloak you wear' at around the 30 second mark, absolutely makes my day. I love the total absence of irony. That's when people knew how to make good music.

'The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore'

The Walker Brothers (1966)

Listen~

3 comments:

Colinmac said...

I remember the song well but not the group. I don't think irony had been invented in 1966

Ben McLaughlin said...

True!

You might remember the Franky Valli/Four Seasons version? They did it originally.

Laetitia :-) said...

Ah, a sign of the times - was the tambourine used in pop music after the 1960s? Apart from ABBA that is.