Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Tuesday Morning Rant

Gradually over time, I have developed a strong allergic reaction to work group emails, that go around the whole company.

You open Outlook in the morning and get excited to see 20 new emails. But two thirds are these annoying emails that invade my personal space and take up valuable seconds of my life.

If it's not 'make sure you put your dirty plates in the dishwasher, I'm not your mother', it's painful banter about the World Cup. Want to have a fun little discussion about soccer? Go and talk to your mates about it, because I frankly don't care.

There's nothing worse than two people having a lil' ol' chat, hitting 'reply all' each time.

2 comments:

Beth said...

A little off the subject...at one point years ago i was getting a terrible amount of junk mail and spam so i decided to change my email address, sent a mass email to everyone that i was changing it and why...my cousin replies...hitting reply all...comparing my dislike of the junk mail/spam overload to some of the emails i'd apparently been sending him....so everyone in my address book got his email of complaint and he himself got an earful...it was quite funny.

Ben McLaughlin said...

heh! that'll learn him, Beth!