Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, July 30, 2010

Blug

Blug.

How good is this new and exciting term which I, just this minute invented. I won't Google it, because of course it will say '26 000 000 results' or something annoying, insinuating that I actually didn't invent it. Hey Google, when you point your finger at me, there's three more pointing right back at you.

Anyway, Blug means to 'blog plug'. This is a form of blog-love, when you write a post about someone elses' blog and say how rad they are.

So I thought, to christen this new nerdish term, I would do a blug, right here right now. Here's some blogs I've been particularly liking of late. Not an exhaustive list, just handpicking a few. More next time.

Jelssie. This is one I just stumbled upon recently, written by two girls Jess and Elsie. It is really funny and interesting, and they update lots, which is a rare thing these days. I don't find new blogs that interest me that often, the lady-blogs are generally a bit too girly and craftish for me, and the man-blogs are a bit too serious and wordy. So I was pleased to find something new to add to my shortlist.

Paradoxically Speaking. Al is a pastor, and he has interesting insights. But there is a nice variety on his blog, so he talks about other stuff in his life as well. I like getting a broad picture of bloggers, about their hobbies, family, etc etc, and I like that Al posts about that stuff.

Blurred On The Edges. Christine's a relatively new blogger, and is still going strong content-wise. She writes a good mixed-bag blog and keeps things nice and short. Also her blog design is not too cluttered, so it's easy to go and have a quick skim.

St. Eutychus and Another Something. Why am I grouping Nath and Simone in together? I don't know. These guys are my favourites, and they do a lot to keep this particular blogging community afloat. The thing they share, is dedication. They post a lot, and never post those 'I don't feel like blogging, I'm busy with other priorities, see you in a year' posts. Whatever they are doing in life, they post about it, and that means a lot. The other week Simone even posted while in another state, with her husband was taken to hospital after a skiing accident. Respect! Without these two guys, I may have given it in a while back.

Anyways, this'll do for today.

More blugging soon.

5 comments:

Pedro said...

it also sounds like something that may be the product of a cold. Chances are it won't look or feel too nice either..

Alistair Bain said...

There's a lot of love in this room.

Thanks.

Christine said...

you're the best Ben, thanks for the 'blug' :)

Jessica said...

Ditto the thanks!

Ben McLaughlin said...

No, no, no, thank YOU!