Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, July 8, 2010

John Reed

The really, really, really good ideas that people have are the ones where you slap your forehead and say 'golly, I can't believe nobody thought of doing this before'.

A textbook example of this is what I thought of in the very small hours of this morning, when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Are you ready for it?

Jane. Eyre. Trading. Cards.

I know. The young people are going to go crazy over these little babies. Let the fun begin--


'John Reed was a schoolboy of fourteen years old; four years older than I, for I was but ten: large and stout for his age, with a dingy and unwholesome skin; thick lineaments in a spacious visage, heavy limbs and large extremities. He gorged himself habitually at table, which made him bilious, and gave him a dim and bleared eye and flabby cheeks.'

9 comments:

Amy said...

Bilious is such a good word.

Also: all your comments seem to have been eaten.

Amy said...

And now the comments are back... Weird.

Amy said...

And that is such an excellent capture of John Reed that I want to punch him in the face. Is that good?

Helen said...

I love it! Can you do Jane?

Stuart Heath said...

I think you need to give them some stats, so that we can play Top Trumps with them.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Amy- yeah billious sounds kinda gross to me. Like a blister. And yes, he oughta be punchable.

Helen- Thanks. Yep, Jane will be up shortly.

Stuart- Yes, I was thinking about stats on the train last night. Will consider. I too would like to see some epic battles.

Joanna said...

Best. Idea. Ever.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Thanks Joanna!

Traxy said...

+1 to Joanna's comment.

I'd totally get them, even though cards normally have me scream and run in the other direction!