Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, August 27, 2010

Happiness..


Ali has tagged me for a meme, where you have to list ten things that make you happy. Thanks Ali, this is just what I needed -- my posts have been a bit angsty this week.

So, here you go. Ten Things That Make Me Happy-

* The sound and smell of someone mowing their lawn

* Being alone in the kitchen while I cut up a roast lamb fresh out of the oven. One piece for the plate, four pieces for me..

* The first smell of jasmine exploding at the start of Spring

* Thinking about our new house, and starting a new chapter in our life

* The way Little e says 'byooftee' instead of 'beauty'. She's grown out of a lot of endearing mispronunciations, so I'm enjoying this one while it still lasts. Try saying it, it's great: 'Dad, can I watch Sleeping Byooftee?'

* Jatz with butter and Vegemite

* The way my wife spells 'yeah' as 'yerh' for no apparent reason

* Time to kill in a comic/2nd hand book shop

* The guitar solo in 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen

* The way life brings constant reminders of God's amazing provision.

Now, I tag Nathan, Pedro, Kim, Izaac, Al and Davina.

4 comments:

Pedro said...

What do I do Benno? I don't know what a meme is...

Ben McLaughlin said...

Ignore the silly name, all you do is do the same thing I did- say you got a meme from such and such, then write yr own list of ten things that make you happy, and then if you like 'tag' other people to do it. It's just a way of circulating something around.

KIM said...

done!!

Izaac said...

Secretly, I've always wanted to be tagged in a meme. Then I left this post open on my mac for a week so i would remember (which meant I couldn't shut down the computer). Now it's been so long that the moment has passed.

Now, deep down I know I'll never be asked again.