Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Speech Diary

I'm going back to Toastmasters tonight after a six week break over the time of moving and stuff. I am looking forward to it a LOT. My confidence has been at a real low, and my speech has been incredibly rocky. A lot of stuttering. Can't wait to get a boost, and pull myself back on track.

Now will be the test of my dedication- what used to be a three minute drive to get to the meeting will now be an hour long drive. And that after a long commute home. But, it is absolutely worth the effort, and I hope to make it along to every meeting like before.

3 comments:

KIM said...

i used to be in toastmasters! it was my big rebellious thing when i turned 18 (you can't join until you're 18)!! all my friends were out buying lottery tickets or getting tattoos and i was ... talking a lot. it was great :) then i moved to college (university) and that was the end of that. the hour commute is doable; the six hour one not so much ... have fun!

Helen said...

If you need accountability to go, I'll do it! The study you were part of was presented at our national conference in May...have been away dealing with awful stuff, haven't blogged about it yet.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Kim- cool that you did Toasties. I'm not really seeing the 'rebellion' in it though..

Helen- Thankyou! That is a very kind thing to offer. I'll see how I go. At the moment I'm feeling plenty of motivation to be there. And I hope your 'awful stuff' is starting to get better.