Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Be Anxious About Everything

You know that verse that goes 'do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God'?

I think in the last 24 hours I must have misread that as 'be as anxious as you possibly can, about pretty much anything you can think of, but instead of praying to God, just completely stress out and not sleep at all, because it all revolves around you, and you are responsible and in control of everything, and whatever happens, it's likely to be The End Of The World.'

Deeeeeeeep breeeeaaaath.

6 comments:

KIM said...

me too!! aaahhhhh!!!

AY said...

That's me as well...

Karen said...

Oh yeah, I get that one wrong all the time here too...

simone r said...

It looks like it's going to be a great house. 2012 Ben will be thanking you for all your hard work.

Prayers.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Well, it's nice to know I'm not alone!

Simone, thanks- though I'd say 2018 Ben is more likely the Ben you're talking about.

Unknown said...

Anxiety *sigh* !

I need to constantly remind myself:

1. How BIG God is
2. How capable and faithful he is
3. How much he loves me :)