Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Lawn Appreciation Society

On Sunday arvo I mowed my new lawn for the first time. It felt good, and different to mowing the rental one. I kind of swelled up with pride looking at it afterwards. Call me biased, but this is no ordinary lawn. The fella who built the house in '52, and lived there up until last year, he really put some love into this grass. It's thick, beautiful and green, with great coverage. When I was done I was half expecting Iggle Piggle to pop out from behind one of the trees and do one of his vaguely creepy dances, the lawn looked that immaculate. Very different to the Como lawn, which was 2o% Grass, and 80% Other. It was all patchy, and you were mostly mowing twigs, leaves, discarded toys, weeds, rocks, and bits of broken earthenware and brick, presumably from an ancient Mayan ruin that lay just below the surface. (Not many people know that the Mayans came to Como. It was just a quick trip, a weekend getaway I believe). Anyways, the point is, I like my lawn. I'll take some pictures to demonstrate its' loveliness.

No comments: