Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Good Day Off

I had the day off yesterday. We barely slept the night before, as little e has been crook, so I just had a day at home with the girls. It turned out to be a surprisingly enjoyable day actually. I made some dampa with the kids, and we ate it out in the sunny backyard with golden syrup and a cuppa. Dampa is good, I should remember to make it more often.

While the kids were having a rest I drove over to the Sydney Wildflower Nursery at Heathcote, which I've been wanting to go to for ages. Gotta say, wandering about in there, I was the most relaxed I've been in ages. The trees over head, the sound of birdsong, and just lolling (?) about inspecting plants... just about my favourite pass time.

I fell in love a bit with natives. Never been particularly into natives, but am trying to get familiar with them as I want to get plants for our place that won't die the day after I plant them. I bought a beautiful little paper daisy, and also a spiky little native thing with a weird name that I'm going to turn into a bonsai. I'm feeling the bonsai love again and am excited to finally have a yard to do that stuff in.

Then just pottered around in the yard in the arvo. Planted the paper daisy, and prepared the ground in my veggie patch where I'm going to plant garlic and shallots on the weekend. Happiness.

1 comment: