Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Offspring

I'm really enjoying Offspring. I never thought I'd say that, as I usually avoid Australian dramas like the plague (and that show Winners and Losers is a great example of why I will continue to try and avoid them).

But, Offspring is a really good show. Very well written, very well acted, and Asher Keddie makes a great main character to identify with. Good stuff. Anyone else like it?

5 comments:

Alistair Bain said...

I totally agree. I didn't like it at first. But now I'm hooked.

The episode where the sister had a miscarriage was particularly real I thought.

onlinesoph said...

you beat me to it, I was going to blog about this!

I was very cynical of Offspring when it started, thinking 'oh here goes another try-hard aussie drama' but I was mistaken. I agree - well acted, great script, good characters (and funny too).

Georgina said...

Offspring=great non-cringeworthy Australian drama with a side of silly. Love it.

Crazyjedidiah said...

I watched the majority of the first season, but it got a bit wierd, and plus now it's on at the same time as everything else I want to watch so I don't watch it anymore.

Nixter said...

I have to say that I am over all the ads, to me it looks like all it's about is sex. I haven't watched because the ads dud put me off :(