Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dawn

It took me an extra 20 minutes to walk to the station this morning. The sun started to come up, and turned the sky and the clouds an amazing mix of blues, oranges and pinks. I just kept stopping in the middle of the road, and looking up, with my jaw dropped.

I then stood under this conifer tree for a few minutes, where there seemed to be thousands of invisible birds, all waking up at the same time. The foliage was so dense that you couldn't see any movement at all, but the noise was amazing. A bunch of different bird-calls, all combining to make make this great, happy cacophony.

I was never a morning person, but now I'm so glad that I made myself become one. Dawn is a wonderful time, when God's glory in creation just radiates over and across and through, everything.

2 comments:

Beth said...

You could always become a morning person the opposite way....stay up until dawn, instead of getting up for it....:)

Ben McLaughlin said...

good thinking..