Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Five Easy Steps To My Blessing


Gosh.

I've hurt Nathan's feelings.

I offended him by flippantly calling another blog my favourite, and now he's wondering how to win over my favour.

This is a hard question to answer, but here is the best advice I can give:

1. Wait until I am partially blind. I already have reading glasses, so you shouldn't have to wait too long. Twenty years, max.

2. Wrap your arms and head in some kind of dead animal skin. Any animal but dog will suffice. May need a bit of a wash first.

3. Prepare two young goats, just the way I like. Jamie Oliver has a recipe for this in one of his books. A few sides wouldn't hurt either- maybe a few roast potatoes, and some greens. And a bit of crusty bread. But not sourdough, thanks.

4. Pull the gross proverbial wool (from your arms and head) over my weak, non-proverbial eyes, lie a bit, and then run away. Fast. Stay with your bogan uncle for a few years. Twenty, max.

5. Voila! You're my new favourite. It's really as easy as that.

Do this, and many new and exciting doors may* open up for you.

*results may vary

4 comments:

Simone R. said...

Ben, if I were less nice I would be thoroughly enjoying this. But I am nice. Exceedingly so. So I have no desire to chant na-na-na-na-na or even smile smugly at him. Watching Nathan LOSE a competition does nothing for me. Nothing at all.

[he he he he he he he he he he]

Joanna said...

Gold, Ben - pure gold.

bec said...

You've given me my first laughs for the morning, and for that I thank you.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Your welcome, Bec, and thanks for stopping by