Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The M.A.H.T.W.A.I.M.E. Award

After some intense market research I have reached the conclusion that Diane Keaton is the winner of the award for Most Annoyingly Hard To Watch Actress In Movies Ever.

Now, Diane only has herself to blame, because I actually used to hold her in high regard, based soley on her performance in the highly awesome Godfather movies.

But alas, even the mighty are prone to fall.

So I nominate her firstly for that movie with Jack Nicholson called Something's Gotta Give (which involves a lot more nudity and Keanu kissing than is in any way, shape or form appropriate).

But I nominate her secondly, finally, and conclusively for a movie I had the severe misfortune of watching on tele the other night, perhaps one of the most physically and emotionally painful movies I have ever seen-- Because I Said So. Hard to know whether it was the beret, the screechy voice, the tinted glasses or the fringe, but I developed hives before the first ad break.

And so to you, Diane, goes the M.A.H.T.W.A.I.M.E.*

*pronounced 'mart-way-me'

2 comments:

Colinmac said...

Runners up
Jodie Foster
Sally Field

Jessica said...

You beat me to blog that. The first DK movie I saw I thought she was playing an annoying character. Then I watched half of BISS and realised she wasn't pretending to be annoying, she really is. I don't get the appeal of Jodie Foster either.