Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

God in Disasters II

I read this article after that post I wrote this morning about disaster. The following quote got me thinking-- I wonder if God is going to bring change through this tragedy, if this is the way He is going to work good things through a bad situation?

The junta faces a dilemma as the pressure intensifies.

If it opens its doors to foreigners, it may never be able to seal the country again against the outside influences it dreads.

By keeping foreign assistance out, though, the generals must be ready to accept the deaths of hundreds of thousands of more people. This is the choice it appears to be making.

Could this disaster be God's way of having the junta in Burma overthrown?

At the same time, I guess it's important to remember that if He does not choose to work in this way, not to assume that He isn't working at all. The solutions I come up with in my tiny brain are folly compared to God's amazing wisdom. And He works in mysterious ways. Still, I will pray that this will be the catalyst for eventually overturning the military junta.

No comments: