Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, June 20, 2008

The Baby shower

I have some painting scheduled in for tomorrow, which makes me happy. E is going to a baby shower in the arvo, which leaves me alone and left to my own devices.

The baby shower in general has been a helpful institution in regards to me getting in some painting. How does the baby shower differ from say, a girls night out I hear you ask? Well, thank you for the insightful question, valued reader.

Babies are expected to attend baby showers, as examples of 'ones we've prepared earlier', and so Little e will be going with E. Now don't get me wrong, I love having time alone with Little e, but there's no way I could paint with her tearing about. Oil paint, turpentine and babies do not mix (unless you stir really well). Hence, I am grateful for the baby shower institution.

I did have thoughts of using this pocket of free time to see a movie (I am fond of seeing movies by myself, especially scary ones), and checked to see if there might be anything vaguely scary and awesome playing. Turns out the only horror film playing is
this , which is too scary even for me.

Painting it is.

2 comments:

trish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trish said...

Just quietly, I've never really been a fan of the baby shower myself. I chose not to have one for my children, to avoid inflicting the same trauma on others. So yes, it does seem that you are the big winner of the baby shower, Ben.