Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, June 16, 2008

Mysterious Forces of Mondayitis

You know that thing when you get two magnets and you can't put them together because they repel each other? That was happening this morning while trying to go to work. I just couldn't bring myself to get there. Forces beyond my control kept bouncing me in the opposite direction.

I basically did everything I possibly could to postpone getting there. I won't tell of all my exploits, for I am too ashamed, but let's just say they included loitering around JB HI-FI, loitering in McDonald's, and reading for a long time in the public toilets.

You know you've got yourself some serious mondayitis when you sit in a public toilet cubicle for longer than necessary, in order to avoid getting to work.

2 comments:

trish said...

No sightings of the manfrog this morning?

I got around my Mondayitis by taking the day off to look after sick little Bronte :)

Ben McLaughlin said...

Sadly no Manfrog.

Good job for taking the day off. I hope little Bronte is feeling better by now. I'm sure she liked having a day at home with Mum.