Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Scarf

Who's opinion should sway you more- that of your own sex, or that of the opposite sex?

I went out to buy a coffee, and put my scarf on (the same one in my profile picture thing), as it's kind of cold. I passed a female work colleague, who said "I like your scarf, it's cool". Feeling chipper about myself I got into the lift, and went down to the ground floor. I then passed a male colleague who smirked and said sarcastically, "Nice scarf, Ben", snickered and kept walking.

So the two comments cancelled each other out. Who am I to go with? On one hand, it's a blokes' male peers that he seeks approval from, but on the other hand, let's face it, it's the ladies that he wants to impress. I usually give in to the approval team, but kind of resent it.

What's an easily-swayed fellow to do.

9 comments:

SamR said...

Keep wearing that scarf brother! Don't listen to that fool! He was probably wearing white sneakers with jeans, or a polar fleece... right?

Ben McLaughlin said...

thanks mate:) Yeah, and I think his white sneakers may have even had flouro laces..

trish said...

That's right Ben, you be you're own man. If you want to wear your scarf, do it! But if I were you, I'd think it wise to consult my wife's excellent opinion. A quality I find attractive in a guy is his leadership, so you go be a leader!

Ben McLaughlin said...

Yeah thanks Trish. I try to consult E mostly with such matters, although if it were up to her I would wear cardigans and have big curly hair and a beard. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Drew said...

See, if a guy is jealous, say, of your scarf - which means he really thinks it looks cool - he will, instead of saying,

"I really like your scarf",

employ sarcasm instead;

"nice scarf, Ben." *snigger*

Thus, you can actually read both comments as an endorsement of your scarf :)

Ben McLaughlin said...

hey I like that!

Christine said...

lol Drew! :)

onlinesoph said...

keep the scarf! I bet you look trendy!

Ben McLaughlin said...

thanks for the support. 'trendy' might be a bit strong though..