Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Voucher

For my birthday last year, my Grandma gave me a gift voucher. It could only be used at Dick Smith, Woolworth's, Big W, a liquor shop and a couple of other places, so I never got around to using it. But it was about to expire, so I finally used it yesterday.

I considered buying a six pack of beer, but as my Grandma is an outspoken member of a women's temperance union, I couldn't bring myself to do that. So, I planned to go to Woolworth's and blow it all on Jaffas and honey-roasted cashews, two of my great loves, but when I got there I had a brainwave-- that Woolies sells DVD's.

The pickings were slim; a couple of ancient westerns, some nasty looking chick-flicks (probably starring Sandra Bullock) and the one that I chose-- a double disc set of Underworld and Underworld :Evolution. Not the kind of thing that really floats my boat, but there are apparently both vampires and werewolves, so I'm hoping my boat might be at least partially floated.

Anyone seen it? Did I choose badly?

4 comments:

Pedro said...

Cobbs, for the price you have payed (ie, nothing)you could have done a lot worse. It's worth watching just for Kate Beckinsale in a tight leather getup. Noice.
The budget wasn't real big on either although the second one got a bit more funding than the first and it shows in the creature (werewolf) stuff..A reasonable premise and it even has a b it of a love story (which keeps me happy!) and a whole lot of blood and killing and shooting and....

You done awright mate.

Ben McLaughlin said...

cool. is it scary, or not really? i hope it's at least a BIT scary..

Pedro said...

No. Not scary at all. You can bank on it being nothing even close to scaring you if i don't find it scary.

I find raggs scary.

Oh, have you seen 30 days of night?
Doesn't go the distance but has some interesting stuff in it. A little bit of scariness..ness...

Ben McLaughlin said...

aww man, that sucks. nothing frustrates me more than a movie with vampires AND werewolves, but isn't even scary. Case in point, that bog Van Helsing. Keep action for action movies, and horror for horror movies, I say.

Still, we don't always see eye to eye, so there's hope... you thought Wrong Turn was poo, but I reallly liked it. And The Orphanage too.

Havent seen 30 days.. been meaning to.