Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An Experiment

I don't feel like eating before I leave in the morning. It's dark, I'm tired, and the thought of breakfast turns my stomach. But by the time I get to work, I could eat a horse, and wish I had access to the toast and eggs I left at home.


So this morning I tried an experiment.

Method: Before I left home, I soft boiled two eggs, whisked them quickly out of the water and wrapped them in two layers of foil. Then when I got to work, I made toast, and had my two soft boiled eggs.

Findings: Overall, the experiment was a success. The egg consistency was perfect- nice and runny on my toast. The temperature was, well, a moderate success. An hour and a half had reduced the egg to luke warm at best. But I can work on this. I have the technology. That coupled with my deeply scientific mind will light a way to the future.

Goal: To be eating a full big brekky at my desk, by 2011. Step #1 completed.

No comments: