Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, May 29, 2009

Beaches and Sharks

What you doing tonight? I have a scary feeling that I am going to be watching 'Beaches' with E. It's on tele. It's like the excruciating pain of listening to 'The Wind Beneath My Wings', except stretched out to two hours.

Serenity Now!

Never seen it, but it looks like everything I wouldn't like to see, ever. But if I watch it, maybe I can use that as leverage to get E to watch Jaws II with me tomorrow night..

I just had a good daydream between that last paragraph and this one, where Jaws comes up to the Beach where Bette Midler and her mate are boo-hooing and gobbles them up. Now there's a movie.

8 comments:

beth said...

Lol!! I don't think I've seen Beaches since it originally came out! Tonight was a quiet night in, watching Escape To Chimp Eden on Animal Planet, and now off to watch some more of McLeod's Daughters.

Ben McLaughlin said...

McLeod's Daughters? You get that in the States?

... you are from the States, aren't you, Beth?

Ruth said...

Lol!! I saw Beaches at the movies... how old am I !!! !!!

I thought it was fantastic when I first saw it, I was young, at high school, I think. Now I'm not so fond of it. Really, don't mean to be discouraging, but yeah, not really fond of it at all.

I've seen Jaws 2 as well....but I don't remember it at all...I think I've seen all the Jaws movies, and I remember the first one the most.

I think it's a pretty fair trade off. One you wish you could forget, one you couldn't remember if you tried!

beth said...

Yes, I'm from the States. I caught it on cable years ago, then started getting it on DVD. One of my favorite series! Kris' too.

lu said...

Ahhhh....now stop picking on Beaches. It is one of my favorite chick flicks! I cry every time! That and Steel Magnolias, oh and Terms of Endearment. I'm getting weepy just thinking about these movies!

Jaws2 - that's the one where they kill off the shark with the electric line right? Oh yea - that was classic!

Enjoy!

kristina said...

I would rather watch Jaws than Beaches.

Simone R. said...

beaches needs some vampires.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Wow beth, Mcleods in the states. who knew?

I'm impressed Ruth that you've seen them all. I think I've only seen the first two. I image they start to all blend in to one another- not that they are not all uniquely awesome in their own special way.

Lu, I don't know what to say. My condolences. Though I was close to tears as well, but maybe for different reasons.

Kristina, I knew I could count on you.

Simone, you are so right. The daughter should be a vampire. That would add at least some interest. When the one gets sick and is about to die, the daughter bites her on the neck, thus giving her awesome immortality and cool fangs. It could be called 'Beaches of Blood.'