Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, May 29, 2009

A Bit Later

Only an hour later, but feeling a lot better and very different. Resentment, anger, frustration, bitterness, jealousy... all these ugly things can just envelope me if I let them.

When I pray, it starts off more like I'm telling God about all the stuff I'm angry about, all the stuff that is making me feel such and such. It's all poor me, poor me, poor me, and the blame is always on everybody except me.

But it really doesn't take long for me to see how way off my thinking is, how ridiculous that I, the 'worst of sinners' should have the nerve to complain about anyone else. It's all about planks and specks, being thankful, and humbling yourself. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

No comments: