Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gen Y Watching

The urge in me to dack a stranger has scarcely been as strong as it was this morning, friends.

You know the drill. Young Gen Y cat walking up the street, without a care in the world. His jeans are very tight, yet the crutch is around the knee, and the waist, mid-thigh. And a lot of undie on display (is 'undy' or 'undie' the singular?).

Like a species of bird who has lost the need of flight and now just has little, stumpy featherless, useless wings, this species of Gen Y has developed a different style of walking to account for his new conditions.

Rather than the normal socially accepted manner of swinging one leg out in front of the other, he rotates out from the knee, like a penguin, and waddles slowly to his destination (probably drama school or something). This species must not venture out in windy conditions, as a stiff breeze may topple them, with their new, unusually low point of gravity.

This is why often you'll see large groups of them congregating, it is to prop each other up, to give each other balance in these uncertain times.

3 comments:

sophg said...

Ben, you should totally turn these observations including diagrams into a book...

beth said...

Love the comments....'large groups to prop each other up'. Too funny. I just want to smack them upside the head when I see this and ask them what there mother thinks?? I know mine would have smacked my brother into the next week had he tried dressing like that. Kids.....

beth said...

I had my mother read this post and she laughed so hard....I always say I'd like to let a dog loose after them and watch them TRY to run. It would be hilarious.