Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, August 31, 2009

Firty Two

Well, it's my birthday today.

I feel much older and much wiser, as you'd expect. To be honest I'm pretty non-plussed about this one, as there's lots of other stuff going on right now, but I'll still lap it up. By the way, lap it up means not doing much work and not feeling guilty about it.

Me and E went to the fish markets on the weekend, which was great. We had wine and cheese, and a massive seafood platter. And this morning E went out early and got croissants and coffee for brekky. Yum. And Chinese take away tonight for dinner. For me it's all about the food.

Little e has the right idea too- when she saw me this morning she said 'happy birthday, where's the cake?' all in one breath.

9 comments:

Simone R. said...

Happy Birthday! 32's okay. I'm a wise old 33 so I know.

Nathan said...

Happy birthday.

You guys are too old for blogging... actually, maybe you could be guest columnists teaching the yoof who read my blog a thing or two about life... Just don't try to be hip or edgy when talking to us young'uns.

Pedro said...

Feliz Cumpleanos hermano!!!

I love your daughter mate, she's just like her dad!

have a good one brethra...

Ben McLaughlin said...

thanks y'all

Christine said...

Happy birthday ben!

beth said...

Happy Birthday!!! Your birthday is two days after mine!! I've been celebrating for three days, I guess it's time to stop. And I totally agree with your daughter...the cake's the most important thing!

Ben McLaughlin said...

thanks!

and happy birthday, Beth

goldy said...

Oh and happy birthday.
And beth, have you not heard of the Bestival? It's not time to stop yet, you must drag it out as long as possible.

kristina said...

Happy Birthday!