Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gym Curiosities

You know what I don't really get? That big gym on Parramatta Road full of running machines, right beside the road, with no curtains to hide your shame.

I'm just saying that were I to dust off the ol' terry-towling mini-shorts and tank top, I wouldn't want bus-fulls of people being able to see me do so as they drove past (unless I looked as good as blue tracksuit man in the picture). Why no curtains?

This is kind of the opposite premise to that gym (think it's called 'Curves'?) which is just for Tha Laydeez. That place is so curtained-up, that not a crack of daylight can get through. Inside is a secret society that no man may lay eyes upon. However, just because I am not aloud, it just makes me all the more curious. What goes on in there? Fire walking? The performing of sacred rites?

6 comments:

beth said...

Curves....man sacrificing.

Ben McLaughlin said...

I knew it.

Simone R. said...

My personality doesn't permit me to go to work out at curves. I need to look out at the world. Tinted glass is good - you can look out, but others can't look in.

Not sure I'd do Paramatta rd, though.

Laetitia :-) said...

Secret women's business.

Ben McLaughlin said...

yeah, tinted windows makes the most sense, Simone, yet my curiosity might get the better of me and I'd go right up to the glass and still peer in..

Exactly, Laetitia, and that's what annoys me. I wanna know.

beth said...

Lol....