Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Being Anchored and Turning Your Day Around

I'm in a pretty low mood this morning, so I'm not sure what my posts will look like today..

It amazes me how quickly a morning can get out of control and leave me in the depths. I am truly that guy who lets himself get tossed about by every wave (James 1), rather than making sure I keep hope as 'an anchor for the soul' (Hebrews 6:19).

Well, I'll make a concerted effort to turn the day around from this point, anyhow. It's important to remind yourself that a couple of bad hours don't have to write off an entire day.

2 comments:

jen-e-ren said...

and the great thing is its a new day each morning, new opportunities and blessings.

Ben McLaughlin said...

yes, that's right. That is a giant encouragement to me on a regular basis.