Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, October 26, 2009

Speech Diary: CBT Assessment

I'm not going to work today, as this morning I have a speech assessment thing in Lidcombe, for that new online cognitive behaviour treatment I've mentioned. I have to do all these deep and probing interviews and questionnaires and stuff before I can start.

From that point, I will do this treatment completely online and in my own time over several months. It will tackle the issue of the anxiety and the relationship it has to my stuttering. It'll be good.

4 comments:

Izaac said...

Hi Ben, is that at Sydney Uni, Cumberland? That's where I work. Blog-to-real-world crossover?

Ben McLaughlin said...

hey izaac- sorry didn't see this til i got home. Pity, it would've been fun to meet you.

jen-e-ren said...

Hope all went/goes well with this Ben. I still admire your openness with this - has it changed anything? Being open I mean?

Ben McLaughlin said...

Hey jen- Thanks, it went well. I feel very 'probed', but it's good to think about what's behind all those ingrained issues!

Yeah, I think it helps me to be open in that I feel accountable to keep going, and not bow out when it gets too hard.