Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oh, Irony of Ironies

That annoyed post I wrote yesterday about spam comments got a, um, spam comment. My blood boils hot this morning, friends.

I urge you to have a read of the comment to see if you can decipher what the heck it says. It is written in some weird bizarre broken English that makes absolutely no sense.

Seriously, if my blog was an old homestead, I'd be standing out on the porch with my shotty, waiting for trespassers.

3 comments:

Laetitia :-) said...

Since you read and respond to many (most?) genuine comments anyway, turn on comment moderation.

Ben McLaughlin said...

doesn't that mean comments won't show up straight away?

Laetitia :-) said...

Yes - but you get to check which ones show up before they do. You can set it up to e-mail you whenever someone posts a comment so you know when to do the moderation. Maybe do your moderation all at once each day or a couple of times a day rather than every time a comment comes in.