Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Story Of My Life

Ali informed me yesterday of this movie that was made (without either my knowledge or consent) about my life and my blog. It looks like pretty good viewing, and Barry Newman, who plays me, obviously looks pretty spot on.

It's interesting the way they chose to depict my life, and the incidents they picked out as being note-worthy.

For example, part of the blurb describes those times last week when I met "an old prospector, a snake worshipper, faith healer J. Hovah, a white medicine man, a nude woman on a motorcycle, and Super Soul, a blind DJ who talks to him on the air and turns him into an instant cult hero."

I mean, sure, that day was vaguely interesting (it had been a quiet week), but it's not like nude motorbike riding ladies aren't a dime a dozen where I roll. Still, not a bad attempt, and the '97 remake with Viggo Mortensen looks okay too. I read that Viggo had to go into a drastic weight training and diet regime in order to look like the guy he was portraying. A worthy attempt.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Hey quizzmaster i saw a movie yesterday where a guy punched a camel in the face. Do you know it?

Ben McLaughlin said...

Yep, I know that badboy very well. That would also be the one where he bites the vulture in the neck.

that's the problem with modern movies-- not enough animals getting bitten or punched.

Scott said...

Well they don't call you the quizzmaster for nothing.

Scott said...

And not enough animals being shot from a bow like they where arrows!?!

Scott said...

And not enough animals being shot from a bow like they where arrows!?!