Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Warren The Word Over-Use Watchdog

It's been a while, but I be back, y'all.

The word: Struggling

Who uses it? Christians

More specific? Christians who aren't struggling

Give me an example? A guy tells you earnestly about the things he 'struggles' with. What he really means is the way that he sins, but he doesn't want to say that word. And 'struggle' sounds all 'I'm fighting the good fight', like he's in this honourable battle, when nine times out of ten he's not really trying that hard, and gives in after fighting said good fight for about twelve seconds.

Why does it bother you? Well, it's putting up a front, in the same way described in the proverb my owner (who over-uses the word 'struggle' more than anyone) posted yesterday. It's not being honest, and it's trying to make yourself look better and 'more holy' than you really are. So don't do it.

Who are you to say this, don't you do it too? No. I'm a dog, and last time I checked, dogs can't become Christians. Hence, no.

Okay, you are right as usual, Warren. You doubted this would be the case, foolish human?

4 comments:

onlinesoph said...

Warren, sometimes the writers of this blog have low moments, like unprovoked attacks on quality content like Glee and Twilight, but today there have been nothing but highs.

Am totally with you on the use of the word "struggling". You're not "struggling with lust". You commit adultery. And you don't "struggle with gossip". You are a gossip. And you need to repent, not "work on it".

I am trying to change the way I talk, to actualy confess my sins to others rather than namby pamby around them. It's hard to undo years of habit though!

Ben McLaughlin said...

Yes, Soph. Warren says no namby pambying!

Simone R. said...

12 seconds is a long time.

Ben McLaughlin said...

I know. My master once went 14, and has been resting on his laurels ever since.