Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inflation

So I take three weeks off work, and when I come back, not only has my weekly travel pass gone up $2, but my daily take away coffee has gone up 10c.

That's $2.50 extra I'm losing a week, or in practical terms, a packet of Cheese Supreme Doritos and five red frogs from the servo.

This is the unsettling thing about the proverbial Rat Race of which I am a part-- you duck away for a couple of weeks, and they change the rules on you.

4 comments:

RodeoClown said...

My yearly ticket went up $80, but I made sure to get it before the new fees came in.

So I only paid $2393, instead of something closer to $2700...

Of course seeing that number really hurts anyway - but it's waaaay cheaper than buying weekly tickets even.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Woah.. I've never worked it out as a yearly sum. That's massive! Big saving though..

RodeoClown said...

It's worth checking out the cost of a yearly - or even a monthly will save you money.

Unfortunately you end up with a big upfront cost...

Anonymous said...

Also if you lose your ticket, there is bit of penalty fee...but they will replace it (with fee) as long as you have your receipt. The main advantage is not having to queue every monday morning.

AY