Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We Are Living In A Society, People

I have a gripe. Call me grumpy, but I find it annoying and rude when people get on the bus talking on their phones.

They wedge it between their chin and shoulder as they pay for their ticket, or dip their ticket in the machine, not even pausing in their conversation to acknowledge the driver. If I was the driver, this would make me chizzy. I'm not the driver, and I'm chizzy enough.

How important is your call that you can't say, 'can you hang on a minute, I'm just getting on the bus' and then communicate with the driver like a normal person? Is common courtesy too much to ask?

6 comments:

Christine said...

AMEN brother!

Pedro said...

Maybe they need a 'common courtesy' APP?....

Ben McLaughlin said...

Maybe an app that made the phone explode if they used it at innappropriate moments

Beth said...

Ohhhhh....i like that one...a phone that would explode....i wholeheartedly agree!!

Wendy said...

You'll have to come and live in Japan. It is an unspoken rule that you don't talk on your phone on the train. That doesn't mean that anyone communicates with each other, though. They all sit there texting or playing games or surfing the net on their phones. Failing that...sleeping! But there is lots of silence!

Ben McLaughlin said...

That's good- I am pro-silence.