Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, February 26, 2010

What About My Friend Con?

Sitting on the train this morning, I heard a guy talking loudly on the phone, really having a good rant. I started feeling sorry for the person on the other end, who apparently couldn't even get a word in.

I then got the urge to see what this guy looked like, so discreetly looked around for a quick glance, upon which I realised he wasn't on the phone at all. He was just talking to himself, or to anyone who might care to listen. Which I did.

Here are some highlights:

"They called me a bludger? Me? What about my friend Con? He thinks he's the boxing champion. Pff. I could go over there right now and take him. Don't think I couldn't."

I didn't.

"And you're going to blame me for the last 45 years of Sydney's history? When I wasn't even in Sydney back then?"

Well, I wasn't, but now that you mention it..

And then later came some fascinating conspiracy theories about how music was trying to talk to him about heaven and hell:

"First there was Alice Cooper in 1976 with "Go To Hell". Then Bryan Adams in 1984 with "Heaven". Then in 1987, Belinda Carlisle with "Heaven Is A Place On Earth", and then finally U2 in 1987 with "If God Will Send His Angels". And don't get me wrong, these are good songs. I like them all very much."

Personal problems aside, the guy knew his music history, which I had to respect.

Anyway, there is no real point to this post, other than the fact that I couldn't let these genius rants go undocumented. And all this before 7am.

6 comments:

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Wow, I need to start catching your train, my train is far too boring :)

Simone R. said...

This is gold. When is all of this going to come out in a coffee table book I can give to people for christmas?

Izaac said...

Plus, you now have a blog label titled "crazies"

Ben McLaughlin said...

I reckon I could fill a book with just bus and train people I see. People are very strange creatures.

Stuart Heath said...

Ben, I thought of you today while I was on the train. I was sitting behind a guy with hair-ruff. You know, the thing where the guy's barber (or possibly gardener) has tried to disguise his hirsute nature by shaving all the way around his neck. But then he tilts his head a bit, or his shirt gets pulled down a bit, and you realize that there's a whole forest of bushy hair-growth there, just waiting to burst out. It's like his neck has been ring-barked.

Anyway, I was already feeling nauseous, and then I imagined how you might illustrate such a thing, and I had to put my head between my knees. And so I thought I'd share with you.