Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Power Of The Mind

Even though I was too timid to do anything about all those sweet sites and blogs being blocked at work, this morning they are now miraculously accessible again.

Hurrah.

Obviously, I put this down to the powers of my mind. Last week I saw some IT bloke in the lift, and though I said nothing more than a brief hello, my angstful mindwaves went out to him, and conveyed in but a fleeting glance how disgruntled I was with the unjust blockages going down hither and thither.

It's all in the icy, detached stare. The blink and turn. The curt body language. There's a whole other level of communication at play here, friends. To the untrained eye it may look like passive aggression, when in actuality it is a highly evolved scientific skill requiring years of intense training.

Nevertheless, now the www is once more my oyster.

But being the incredibly humble guy that I am, I won't even alert my many colleagues to the fact that when it comes down to it, they have me to thank for the hard-fought freedom that in time, they will once again take for granted.

1 comment:

AY said...

haha..your umm...humbleness and "acts of incredible selflessness" has been duly noted. And I bow down in abject thanks as I can now access my sites again :)