Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Brrrrrr

This morning was so cold!

Strangely it felt colder just after dawn when the sun was coming up, then it did when I was walking to the station in the dark. There was a real icy wind. It was kinda nice and exhilarating though.

I am loving my morning walks in the dark, with the moon still up, and the distant slither of gold just showing on the horizon. I was telling a friend yesterday, that that is when I feel the most optimistic and excited about things. It's also when my head is the most full of ideas.

3 comments:

Alistair Bain said...

-2 here.

Great to hear that you;re out and about early in the morning.

Tell me about your morning routine. And what time you go to bed.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Wow, that's cold, Al. I'm not sure what the temp would have been this morning.. my guess would be 10 or a bit less.

My mornings? Well, I get up at 5, shower and have a coffe, and leave the house at 5:45. I walk to the station (25 minute, slow stroll) and then am at work by 7am.

I technically then have a spare hour up my sleeve, as I'm supposed to start work at 8 and finsih at 4. Everyone else starts at 9:30, so this gives me 2 and a half sweet hours to myself, one of which is 'free time'.

So that's when I have breakfast, buy a coffee, write on my blog, read other blogs etc.

So yeah, I could technically wake an hour later, but that spare hour is too valuable to me! I forced myself to be a morning preson to get that window of time.

Bedtime is usually around 10:30, which averages out at 6 1/2 hours sleep, which to be honest never feels like quite enough. But it's worth it.

Alistair Bain said...

I'd love to do that, Ben. I love early mornings.

I get about that much sleep too. But I need more.