Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Could Have Totally Had My Cake and Eaten It Too

Bible Study is on tonight.

So is game 2 of State of Origin.

Doh.

If I were more on top of my game, I could have totally remedied this conundrum. We have been looking at Isaiah, and last week we were discussing the relationship between the Northern and Southern Kingdoms.

Can you see where I'm headed?

Had I volunteered to lead tonight's study I could've just gone "and so, dear group, how do we see this north and south mentality at play today? Well funny you should ask, let us look to channel nine, and the war that rages between the Northern Kingdom of Queensland, and the Southern Kingdom of New South Wales. Let's ponder this for forty minutes, and discuss it in the half-time ad break."

But, alas, I am too slow on the uptake to think of this genius-like idea on the spot. My genius unravels at an alarmingly slow rate.

4 comments:

Stuart Heath said...

Perfect opportunity to hang out with everyone else who's watching it, I would've thought.

I don't think anyone at my work is interested, so thankfully I don't have to be, either.

Laetitia :-) said...

Except in this case, it's the northern kingdom that are the (winning) good guys .

ALaird said...

Stuart beat me to it! Exactly what I was going to say:)

Ben McLaughlin said...

Yeah, I get that, but it's more of a case of me leaving it all too late. It's bad form to suggest at the last minute after a study's been prepared.

Still, it was actually a good night. we finished the study right on half time, and then watched the rest all together.