Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, September 3, 2010

A Day Of Lasts

Today is my last day of work for a week. Suh-weet! On Monday we get the keys to the new pad, and on Wednesday we move in. The days leading up are going to be pretty hectic. We still have a big chunk of packing and cleaning to do.

Today is also kind of a day of lasts. This morning I got overly nostalgic about silly little things. It's my last day of travelling to and from work from where I live, so as I walked to the station I was going, oh no, this is the last time I will ever see that tree/ walk on this bit of path/ cross this road/ look at that cool house/ smell the roses in that yard/ hurry past that scary dog/ be baffled by those mysterious bags of beansprouts on Burwood Rd etc.

But I am highly amped about the upcoming days of firsts. I can't wait to get into the new place. You know, it's nearly eleven years since I lived in a house? Too long!

1 comment:

Pedro said...

Brethra, I was so ridiculously nostalgic about my hood when I left, it wasn't funny.
I moped around thinking all the same things and had this ineviatble end feeling like the end of year at school when the yards are empty and the classrooms are locked and thats it, you have to leave...Almost like you can still see the ghosts of students present and past still playing in that playground...

I go through freshy every so often and pretend like I am just zipping down the shops or popping out for a quick surf. I miss it very much, the habits of days I miss.

But new is awesome bro. It takes some getting used to and I must admit, I ma fighting it just a little bit...
But home is where the heart is. Just ask the Dixie Chicks.