Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Beast

I'm not really the blokiest of blokes. When the fellas start talking about cars or rock climbing or picking up heavy things and putting them down again, I'll probably be over in the corner darning some socks, sipping a mocktail.

But that said, the tables turned on the weekend when I bought My. Awesome. Electric Blue. 4 Stroke. Lawnmower.

It looks like this--

I was all geared up to buy a second hand one from this little ol' mower shop, but disappointingly they were all out of second hand ones. So I just went to Bunnings.

After a lot of strain on my limited mental capabilities, I assembled the thing, and set to work. Our yard is massive, and the grass was pretty long, so it took yonks. It required two shifts. But it was satisfying, and the yard looks good now. I'll take a photo.

4 comments:

Alistair Bain said...

You'll be driving an old Holden before you know it.

*Grunt*

Laetitia :-) said...

:-) We considered a 4-stroke earlier this year until we discovered that my parents had our old 2-stroke going unused in the carport. 7 years after we sold it to them, most of those years unused, and it still goes like a dream. Now we just need to get a whipper-snipper - or borrow one before the next agent's inspection.

Wendy said...

I love that word 'yonks'. Haven't heard it in ages. It must be an Australian word.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Al-Baby steps, baby steps

Laetitia- Yeah I just learnt on the weekend I need a whipper snipper too. I tried doing a few edges by hand. Decidedly uneconomical!

Wendy- ..Yet you just missed the prime opportunity to dust it off, by saying 'in ages'' instead!