Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So Pumped It Hurts

Well, it's that time again.

The Race That Stops The Nation. How many times will I hear that phrase today? My guess is 17 billion.

Are you excited? I don't know about you, but I can barely contain myself. Horses being whipped to drive themselves to cardiac arrests, and dopey drunk people in dopey hats throwing away millions of dollars.

Call me mean, but I'm a bit sad the rain seems to be clearing up; there was something appealing about all those stilettos getting lost in the mud.

6 comments:

Christine said...

I had the same thought this morning about the stilettos :)

Jessica said...

Halloween and the Melbourne Cup both bore me. Go the RBA announcement.

Kutz said...

Oh? It's Melbourne Cup again? I had no idea. Again. Funny that.

What time is it on? I think I'll be being grilled by a Presbytery committee then.

Pedro said...

You love it Benno. Think of all the free tucker!!

KIM said...

lol -- i have exactly the opposite opinion! it's my favorite australian holiday!! dressing up, excitement, time off work -- what's not to love?!

Laetitia :-) said...

I ended up having a late lunch today - about the time of the race. My colleague saw me in the tea room and asked if I were interested in the race. I replied, "Not enough to give up my lunch for it. I'm sure someone will tell me if I win the sweeps."